Deutsch English
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Support for RAW file formats Options
bmwfan
Posted: Wednesday, December 12, 2007 2:39:14 PM
Groups: Member

The overall concept is great!

When will you support RAW files? Nikon's NEF's and Canons?
mbn65
Posted: Sunday, March 09, 2008 11:44:33 PM

Well done!
I like this app very much, very simple an good looking, definitely a keeper!
But, RAW support is a must. I can agree to the fact that RAW-files are actually to big and clumsy to handle smoothly in a viewer but I must at least be able too view the embedded quick view/thumb nail.inlove
supermimai
Posted: Wednesday, May 21, 2008 9:12:19 PM

reading RAW preview doesn't take really more time than a big jpeg, if you use the correct SDK for it. If you use Canon SDK it is not a problem, maybe a solution would be for you to implement the WIC windows interface, as now, the WIC codec feature is supported in both vista and XP.
dcraw is another alternative, but the reading is very very very slow.
arnaud.dk
Posted: Friday, May 23, 2008 3:48:30 PM

+1 !
Picomio is very good but most of my picture are in RAW (Nikon NEF).

Is a RAW plugin is planned soon ?

I Whish you the best !
Arnaud.
gwarf
Posted: Monday, May 26, 2008 11:54:02 AM

But don't forget pentax raw (pef). We can download raw codec on pentax web sites
haewss
Posted: Wednesday, June 04, 2008 9:03:01 AM
Groups: Member , Pictomio Team

Hi all,
raw format support is certainly an important feature. Since it is quite an effort to support and integrate it (although there are existing library that we might use) we are thinking about adding it as a non-free add-on, maybe together with some other more advanced features (like basic image editing features).
We would be interested in your opinion about these non-free extensions, would you be willing to pay a certain amount to use a single feature like raw format support or maybe to get a whole package of advanced features?
Best regards

Stephan
SyCon
Posted: Monday, June 16, 2008 12:51:21 PM

I think some features maybe worth to pay a certain amount for. Supporting RAW-files maybe one of this features.
But you should keep in mind, that you'll stay in competition with other free tools for managing pictures. Even Windows Live Gallery supports a basic kind of IPTC - so what's your advantage if not supporting such basic features?
Your innovative UI-engine is really amazing - maybe even reading RAW-files would be incredible fast and worth to pay for.

Keep on your great working! Greets,
SyCon

Edit:
Sorry, forgot some information.
I'd prefer to pay for single add-ons rather then for a whole package. But this strongly depends on what's in this whole package and what's the difference in price :) I don't like to pay a lot for 10 add-ons, if I'm just looking for two of them.
Holtrup
Posted: Friday, June 27, 2008 11:21:38 AM

haewss wrote:
Hi all,
raw format support is certainly an important feature. Since it is quite an effort to support and integrate it (although there are existing library that we might use) we are thinking about adding it as a non-free add-on, maybe together with some other more advanced features (like basic image editing features).
We would be interested in your opinion about these non-free extensions, would you be willing to pay a certain amount to use a single feature like raw format support or maybe to get a whole package of advanced features?
Best regards

Stephan

Please, no image editing, but a good image management in the RAW also appears

Helmut
BrianA
Posted: Thursday, August 20, 2009 4:23:21 PM

Just installed Pictomio. Looks great, lot's of functions - BUT no RAW image support. I see this has been a subject brought up on the forums by several photographers like me. It's a bit of a deal-breaker, as, if I can't browse my full collection (all of which are first stored in RAW), then the programme is, sadly, of little use to me. Pity. Not sure what the real problem is - even IrfanView can read RAW. Any signs of it being added?

BrianA