Deutsch English
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

correct time of imported trips Options
supermimai
Posted: Sunday, January 04, 2009 4:36:06 PM
Groups: Member

Hi

I live in France ( same GMT time that Germany so you should have the same issue )
but the trips I m imported from PictoGeo logger are imported at the wrong time.
Actually they are listed with 1 hour less than the "clock" time.
so , I m not sure it is very convenient to manage in the application, and I don't know if you take care of this in the association of the photo files.
I don't see anywhere a way to correct this one hour difference if I just use pictomio to import a trip data information ?

How to solve in a future version the problem ? it is maybe due to daylight time saving shift ?
Bleker
Posted: Monday, January 05, 2009 2:36:24 PM
Groups: Administration , Member, Pictomio Team

Hi supermimai,

the GPS tracks are saved in GMT time and so the described behavior is correct.
You should also set your camera time to GMT and use the function "Set time in EXIF data automatically to local time" to guarantee the correct gps association to your pictures.

Kind regards
Bleker

Bleker attached the following image(s):
settime.jpg

supermimai
Posted: Monday, January 05, 2009 3:04:30 PM

so you ask me to put a "wrong" date time in the digital camera ? to adjust the whole process ?

I found an alternative program to do the test, and they just have exposed the UTF correction, this way, my digital camera can stay with the correct local time and the correction is done at the import of the trip information.
I don't think your behaviour is correct, who cares to store the GMT absolut time compared to the local time ? why don't you invert it and allow the correction when you ask all the information about current camera time ?
why don't you introduce a shift time with the trip import ? as they are still looking wrong within the editor

Bleker
Posted: Monday, January 05, 2009 3:47:56 PM

Hi supermimai,

of course you can also set your camera time to your locale time if you like to. As long as you give pictomio the right data in the Camera Time Dialog the pictures will get the right position.
Quote:
why don't you introduce a shift time with the trip import ? as they are still looking wrong within the editor

The function to view the correct local time on the trip view is planned. I've counted your vote for this on our feature requests list happy

Kind regards
Bleker
supermimai
Posted: Monday, January 05, 2009 3:56:57 PM

actually that's nice you have mentionned it because I tried to compensate the date time of the digital camera, and the result is pictomio only found 2 pictures to match the trip data, and the 2 pictures new GPS position are wrong
for now, I don't see any solution to make the trip and the pictures associated, with a trick or not.

as I said before, I was able to associate the trip ( as it is stored as .nmea data ) with my digital camera test folder, but with another tool ( just to have a proof of concept it could work )

Bleker
Posted: Monday, January 05, 2009 4:01:09 PM

If you could me a few pictures and the trip to support1@pictomio.com I can have a look at them and tell you how to associate them.
Normally it should work without any problems sad
supermimai
Posted: Monday, January 05, 2009 4:05:23 PM

I already associated the pictures with gps information. but it is not a problem for me to create you a new trip then a new picture, and show it can't work.
I will send you by email all the information, I will prepare the files tonight.