Deutsch English
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Blank CD with pictoGEO Options
wrongworld
Posted: Friday, January 09, 2009 12:39:51 AM
Groups: Member

Well, I've just received today the pictoGEO GPS receiver. But:

1) The battery is not available. It may have been already inserted in the receiver, but I am not able to open the back sliding door to check it. The door is so firmly closed that I am afraid to break something, also because...

2) The included CD has a nice label, but it's blank (no content at all, Windows says I have 210 MB of free space there), so I have just the quick guide as the sole documentation.

Let me say that I am disappointed to say the least. What is supposed to be on the CD? Where can I get the manual? Is there any software on the CD that is not available elsewhere?

Thanks,

Andrea
wrongworld
Posted: Friday, January 09, 2009 7:39:19 AM

OK, the battery was definitively already installed by someone, which is suspect since the Quick Start Guide says that it has to be installed previously. Yet, the original issue remains (blank CD and no manual of the receiver apart from the Quick Start Guide). Oh well, I've found something googleing on the Internet.
Bleker
Posted: Friday, January 09, 2009 9:17:18 AM
Groups: Administration , Member, Pictomio Team

Hi wrongworld,

1) Due to the fact that the logger isn't very easy to open, we have decided to insert the battery before shipping.

2) The blank CD is of course annoying but the CD contains only the pictomio installer with preselected driver installation option. So if you download pictomio and install it with driver support you won't need the CD happy

The Product Documentation is only available online and can be found here: http://wiki.pictomio.com/en-US/Default.aspx

Kind regards
Bleker
wrongworld
Posted: Friday, January 09, 2009 4:53:09 PM

Bleker wrote:
1) Due to the fact that the logger isn't very easy to open, we have decided to insert the battery before shipping.

That's fine, but a small note inside the box could help the less expert customer.

Quote:
2) The blank CD is of course annoying but the CD contains only the pictomio installer with preselected driver installation option. So if you download pictomio and install it with driver support you won't need the CD happy

I figured it out, yet it could have had additional support files, like Bluetooth info and so on (which I got elsewhere).

Quote:
The Product Documentation is only available online and can be found here: http://wiki.pictomio.com/en-US/Default.aspx

Indeed, but I still think that while a wiki site is a good idea, a better one is to have an offline documentation available as well, preferably in PDF format. I hope that at least for your paying customers you are going to give them a proper manual.

Thanks for your ansers, Bleker.

Andrea