Deutsch English
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Date order problem Options
bobby
Posted: Thursday, August 27, 2009 1:02:35 AM
Groups: Member

I had a picture that wouldn't display in the correct date order, for some reason under image info the date was incorrect. I have some other software that will re-date the file and all internal dates (exif, iptc, file creation etc) having ensured that all dates where set to th exif creation date Pictomio was still showing it in the wrong order. Luckily I still had the file on my camara so I downloaded it again, only to find it still wasn't being shown in the correct order. Again I checked all the dates and they were correct, but Pictomio insisted that the date under ímage info' was as before.

I finally fixed the problem by renaming the file (external to Pictomio). Then when I loaded Pictomio the picture was displayed in the correct order.

I then (again external to Pictomio) renamed the file back to its original name and when I loaded Pictomio it this time displayed it in the correct order.

This looks to me like a problem with the way Pictomio doesn't refresh all its data if the filename doesn't change. I have thousands of photos that I have scanned in from my collection of slides. I am going through them adding the exif/tptc dates/times. A problem like this would be a real problem.

I couldn't find any manual method of forcing Pictomio to do a complete refresh of a folder/file.

Pictomio looks like it could be a very useful tool but this and the problem of it not always recognising exif data on some files are a real problem.

(a way of using the IPTC keywords would also be useful. (similar to windows live photo gallery).

regards Bobby